Congress MLA wants his son punished
Imphal: Congress MLA TN Haokip, whose son Seikholen was among six persons arrested in Sunday`s seizure of Rs 24 crore in illicit drugs in Manipur`s Chandel district, on Wednesday said he should be punished.
Haokip, a former Irrigation and Flood Control minister, told reporters here that he resided in government quarters at the ministerial complex at Babupara and had no role in the affair.
He said the house at Deulaland, from where his son was arrested, belonged to Seikholen with whom he had no relations for the past few years.
"There is no question of relations, friends or others while the case is in court," he said.
He said the government should reward the policemen who arrested defence PRO Ajay Chaudhury, five persons and later his son for their alleged involvement in attempting to smuggle out illicit drugs to Myanmar.
"Manipur society is degenerating fast because of illicit use of drugs by the youth," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack