Congress MLA wants his son punished
Imphal: Congress MLA TN Haokip, whose son Seikholen was among six persons arrested in Sunday`s seizure of Rs 24 crore in illicit drugs in Manipur`s Chandel district, on Wednesday said he should be punished.
Haokip, a former Irrigation and Flood Control minister, told reporters here that he resided in government quarters at the ministerial complex at Babupara and had no role in the affair.
He said the house at Deulaland, from where his son was arrested, belonged to Seikholen with whom he had no relations for the past few years.
"There is no question of relations, friends or others while the case is in court," he said.
He said the government should reward the policemen who arrested defence PRO Ajay Chaudhury, five persons and later his son for their alleged involvement in attempting to smuggle out illicit drugs to Myanmar.
"Manipur society is degenerating fast because of illicit use of drugs by the youth," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme