Congress MLA wants his son punished
Imphal: Congress MLA TN Haokip, whose son Seikholen was among six persons arrested in Sunday`s seizure of Rs 24 crore in illicit drugs in Manipur`s Chandel district, on Wednesday said he should be punished.
Haokip, a former Irrigation and Flood Control minister, told reporters here that he resided in government quarters at the ministerial complex at Babupara and had no role in the affair.
He said the house at Deulaland, from where his son was arrested, belonged to Seikholen with whom he had no relations for the past few years.
"There is no question of relations, friends or others while the case is in court," he said.
He said the government should reward the policemen who arrested defence PRO Ajay Chaudhury, five persons and later his son for their alleged involvement in attempting to smuggle out illicit drugs to Myanmar.
"Manipur society is degenerating fast because of illicit use of drugs by the youth," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video