Congress MLA wants his son punished
Imphal: Congress MLA TN Haokip, whose son Seikholen was among six persons arrested in Sunday`s seizure of Rs 24 crore in illicit drugs in Manipur`s Chandel district, on Wednesday said he should be punished.
Haokip, a former Irrigation and Flood Control minister, told reporters here that he resided in government quarters at the ministerial complex at Babupara and had no role in the affair.
He said the house at Deulaland, from where his son was arrested, belonged to Seikholen with whom he had no relations for the past few years.
"There is no question of relations, friends or others while the case is in court," he said.
He said the government should reward the policemen who arrested defence PRO Ajay Chaudhury, five persons and later his son for their alleged involvement in attempting to smuggle out illicit drugs to Myanmar.
"Manipur society is degenerating fast because of illicit use of drugs by the youth," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!