Congress MLAs to campaign to protect Manipur`s interests
Imphal: Congress MLAs in Manipur have decided to start a campaign against dilution of the state`s interests in any settlement reached between the NSCN (IM) and the Centre over issues affecting the Nagas before the coming Nagaland Assembly Elections.
About 15 Congress MLAs, led by senior member Y Surachandra, would soon leave for Guwahati and Itanagar to meet Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to discuss the issue, party sources said here on Thursday.
The team, which would include some ministers, would also meet central leaders, including the Prime Minister, Congress president and Union Home Minister over the issue, they said.
Different social organisations, like the All Manipur United Clubs Organisation, had stated in the past that Manipur would not tolerate territorial disintegration and dual system of governance in the state which "has a 2000-year-old written history".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional