Congress MLAs to campaign to protect Manipur`s interests
Imphal: Congress MLAs in Manipur have decided to start a campaign against dilution of the state`s interests in any settlement reached between the NSCN (IM) and the Centre over issues affecting the Nagas before the coming Nagaland Assembly Elections.
About 15 Congress MLAs, led by senior member Y Surachandra, would soon leave for Guwahati and Itanagar to meet Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to discuss the issue, party sources said here on Thursday.
The team, which would include some ministers, would also meet central leaders, including the Prime Minister, Congress president and Union Home Minister over the issue, they said.
Different social organisations, like the All Manipur United Clubs Organisation, had stated in the past that Manipur would not tolerate territorial disintegration and dual system of governance in the state which "has a 2000-year-old written history".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown