Congress MLAs to campaign to protect Manipur`s interests
Imphal: Congress MLAs in Manipur have decided to start a campaign against dilution of the state`s interests in any settlement reached between the NSCN (IM) and the Centre over issues affecting the Nagas before the coming Nagaland Assembly Elections.
About 15 Congress MLAs, led by senior member Y Surachandra, would soon leave for Guwahati and Itanagar to meet Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to discuss the issue, party sources said here on Thursday.
The team, which would include some ministers, would also meet central leaders, including the Prime Minister, Congress president and Union Home Minister over the issue, they said.
Different social organisations, like the All Manipur United Clubs Organisation, had stated in the past that Manipur would not tolerate territorial disintegration and dual system of governance in the state which "has a 2000-year-old written history".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another