Congress MLAs to campaign to protect Manipur`s interests
Imphal: Congress MLAs in Manipur have decided to start a campaign against dilution of the state`s interests in any settlement reached between the NSCN (IM) and the Centre over issues affecting the Nagas before the coming Nagaland Assembly Elections.
About 15 Congress MLAs, led by senior member Y Surachandra, would soon leave for Guwahati and Itanagar to meet Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to discuss the issue, party sources said here on Thursday.
The team, which would include some ministers, would also meet central leaders, including the Prime Minister, Congress president and Union Home Minister over the issue, they said.
Different social organisations, like the All Manipur United Clubs Organisation, had stated in the past that Manipur would not tolerate territorial disintegration and dual system of governance in the state which "has a 2000-year-old written history".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'