Congress, MNF candidates file nominations for Mizoram RS seat
Aizawl: Candidates of Congress and MNF filed nomination papers on Monday to contest the election to the lone Mizoram Rajya Sabha seat, state Assembly secretary and Returning Officer for the polls Ngurthanzuala said.
Ngurthanzuala said Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) filed papers on the last day for filing nominations today for the election to be held on June 19.
The term of the sitting Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana of the MNF, who was elected for two consecutive terms, ends on July 18.
The ruling Congress has 34 legislators in the 40-member state Assembly, while the MNF has five legislators and its junior partner the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) has one member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad