Congress, MNF candidates file nominations for Mizoram RS seat
Aizawl: Candidates of Congress and MNF filed nomination papers on Monday to contest the election to the lone Mizoram Rajya Sabha seat, state Assembly secretary and Returning Officer for the polls Ngurthanzuala said.
Ngurthanzuala said Ronald Sapa Tlau of the ruling Congress and L Ramkinlova of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) filed papers on the last day for filing nominations today for the election to be held on June 19.
The term of the sitting Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana of the MNF, who was elected for two consecutive terms, ends on July 18.
The ruling Congress has 34 legislators in the 40-member state Assembly, while the MNF has five legislators and its junior partner the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) has one member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II