Congress nominee elected unopposed in Arunachal bypoll
Itanagar: Congress nominee Gum Tayeng has been elected unopposed from the Dambuk Assembly constituency in Arunachal Pradesh.
Gum was declared uncontested after her sole opponent, independent candidate Mulluku Tacho withdrew his nomination yesterday, the last day for withdrawal, a communique from the Chief Electoral Officer said here on Friday.
Lower Dibang Valley district deputy commissioner Shiv Kumar who is also the Returning Officer for the by-poll handed over the Certificate of Election to Gum, it said.
The election was due on October 31.
The seat had fallen vacant following the death of sitting MLA Jomin Tayeng on May 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic