Congress not to sacrifice again in Tripura assembly polls: Deepa
Agartala: Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Saturday said the Congress would not cede an inch to Trinamool Congress in the coming assembly polls in Tripura.
"We had sacrificed in West Bengal, but we are not ready to commit suicide (again). We will not leave an inch of ground to Trinamool," Dasmunshi told a public meeting of the Youth Congress here.
Tripura will go for assembly polls in February.
Continuing her tirade against TMC, Dasmunshi dubbed the party as traitor.
"It had once betrayed BJP and later the Congress," the Union Minister Of State for Urban Development said.
"Do not believe in Trinamool Congress. They may ask for votes. (But) No party believes in them. It (Trinamool) betrayed the BJP first and then ditched the Congress," Dasmunshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof