Congress not to sacrifice again in Tripura assembly polls: Deepa
Agartala: Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Saturday said the Congress would not cede an inch to Trinamool Congress in the coming assembly polls in Tripura.
"We had sacrificed in West Bengal, but we are not ready to commit suicide (again). We will not leave an inch of ground to Trinamool," Dasmunshi told a public meeting of the Youth Congress here.
Tripura will go for assembly polls in February.
Continuing her tirade against TMC, Dasmunshi dubbed the party as traitor.
"It had once betrayed BJP and later the Congress," the Union Minister Of State for Urban Development said.
"Do not believe in Trinamool Congress. They may ask for votes. (But) No party believes in them. It (Trinamool) betrayed the BJP first and then ditched the Congress," Dasmunshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city