Congress not to sacrifice again in Tripura assembly polls: Deepa
Agartala: Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Saturday said the Congress would not cede an inch to Trinamool Congress in the coming assembly polls in Tripura.
"We had sacrificed in West Bengal, but we are not ready to commit suicide (again). We will not leave an inch of ground to Trinamool," Dasmunshi told a public meeting of the Youth Congress here.
Tripura will go for assembly polls in February.
Continuing her tirade against TMC, Dasmunshi dubbed the party as traitor.
"It had once betrayed BJP and later the Congress," the Union Minister Of State for Urban Development said.
"Do not believe in Trinamool Congress. They may ask for votes. (But) No party believes in them. It (Trinamool) betrayed the BJP first and then ditched the Congress," Dasmunshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games