Congress not to sacrifice again in Tripura assembly polls: Deepa
Agartala: Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Saturday said the Congress would not cede an inch to Trinamool Congress in the coming assembly polls in Tripura.
"We had sacrificed in West Bengal, but we are not ready to commit suicide (again). We will not leave an inch of ground to Trinamool," Dasmunshi told a public meeting of the Youth Congress here.
Tripura will go for assembly polls in February.
Continuing her tirade against TMC, Dasmunshi dubbed the party as traitor.
"It had once betrayed BJP and later the Congress," the Union Minister Of State for Urban Development said.
"Do not believe in Trinamool Congress. They may ask for votes. (But) No party believes in them. It (Trinamool) betrayed the BJP first and then ditched the Congress," Dasmunshi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India