Congress to highlight corruption, misrule of Rio-govt in polls
Kohima: Nagaland Congress on Friday resolved to highlight in the coming general elections the "massive corruption and blatant misrule" of the NPF-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government.
In a resolution adopted by Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee at its meeting here, the party reiterated to offer a "new vision and renewed hope" to the people of Nagaland whose voices have been muffled.
It resolved to expose before the people the "unholy nexus" between the Naga People`s Front (NPF) and BJP.
Calling upon party workers to counter BJP, NPCC appealed to the people to reject NPF for aligning with BJP.
The meeting resolved to kick start its campaign latest by March 20.
Meanwhile, NPCC chief S I Jamir introduced former minister KV Pusa as the Congress candidate for the LS polls in Nagaland and called upon party leaders and workers to join hands in unitedly fighting against "the money power of Chief Minister and NPF candidate Neiphiu Rio".
He asserted that Congress would on issues of corruption and misrule of the DAN government.
At the meeting, Jamir along with Congress Legislature Party leader Tokheho Yepthomi and Pusa released a booklet entitled `11 years of NPF misrule in Nagaland under Chief Minister Rio`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra