Construction of Soochna Bhawan soon in Itanagar
Itanagar: The deck has been cleared for
construction of the much-needed Soochna Bhawan in Arunachal
Pradesh, with Union Information and Broadcasting Minister
Ambika Soni assuring a state delegation for its sanction
in the current financial year.
Soni`s assurance came when a delegation, led by finance
and IPR minister Setong Sena called on her in New Delhi last
Monday, official sources said here Wednesday.
The team submitted a ten-point memorandum on the
initiative of Chief Miniser Dorjee Khandu relating to
upgradation of Doordarshan and AIR services in the state with
latest technical infrastructure and digital transmitter.
The delegation also pleaded with Soni for the setting up
of Press Information Bureau office in Itanagar.
The minister advised that community radio stations be
promoted for better reach to the people. Community radio
stations are becoming more popular for dissemination of
information as the system was getting more popular with
masses, the sources said quoting the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!