Construction of Soochna Bhawan soon in Itanagar
Itanagar: The deck has been cleared for
construction of the much-needed Soochna Bhawan in Arunachal
Pradesh, with Union Information and Broadcasting Minister
Ambika Soni assuring a state delegation for its sanction
in the current financial year.
Soni`s assurance came when a delegation, led by finance
and IPR minister Setong Sena called on her in New Delhi last
Monday, official sources said here Wednesday.
The team submitted a ten-point memorandum on the
initiative of Chief Miniser Dorjee Khandu relating to
upgradation of Doordarshan and AIR services in the state with
latest technical infrastructure and digital transmitter.
The delegation also pleaded with Soni for the setting up
of Press Information Bureau office in Itanagar.
The minister advised that community radio stations be
promoted for better reach to the people. Community radio
stations are becoming more popular for dissemination of
information as the system was getting more popular with
masses, the sources said quoting the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi