Cooking gas shortage in Aizawl
Aizawl: Cooking gas shortage in the Mizoram state capital has forced a prominent hospital to stop supplying food to patients and many restaurants to down their shutters.
Greenwood Hospital, the first private hospital in the state, discontinued serving diet to its patients due to the problem since the past two months, hospital officials said.
Around ten restaurants have closed as the owners failed to procure cooking gas to run the restaurants, the sources said.
The shortage has led to the use of kerosene stoves and electric stoves by many.
Scarcity of power supply and kerosene supply has forced many people to switch over to improvised charcoal stove.
Charcoal stoves from neighbouring Manipur sold like hot cakes last week.
Villagers were using firewood collected from nearby jungles thereby harming the environment, the sources added.
Meanwhile, the state government and the Indian Oil Company (IOC) officials said that the cooking gas crisis would ease from mid-June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why