Cooking gas shortage in Aizawl
Aizawl: Cooking gas shortage in the Mizoram state capital has forced a prominent hospital to stop supplying food to patients and many restaurants to down their shutters.
Greenwood Hospital, the first private hospital in the state, discontinued serving diet to its patients due to the problem since the past two months, hospital officials said.
Around ten restaurants have closed as the owners failed to procure cooking gas to run the restaurants, the sources said.
The shortage has led to the use of kerosene stoves and electric stoves by many.
Scarcity of power supply and kerosene supply has forced many people to switch over to improvised charcoal stove.
Charcoal stoves from neighbouring Manipur sold like hot cakes last week.
Villagers were using firewood collected from nearby jungles thereby harming the environment, the sources added.
Meanwhile, the state government and the Indian Oil Company (IOC) officials said that the cooking gas crisis would ease from mid-June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH