Cooking gas shortage in Aizawl
Aizawl: Cooking gas shortage in the Mizoram state capital has forced a prominent hospital to stop supplying food to patients and many restaurants to down their shutters.
Greenwood Hospital, the first private hospital in the state, discontinued serving diet to its patients due to the problem since the past two months, hospital officials said.
Around ten restaurants have closed as the owners failed to procure cooking gas to run the restaurants, the sources said.
The shortage has led to the use of kerosene stoves and electric stoves by many.
Scarcity of power supply and kerosene supply has forced many people to switch over to improvised charcoal stove.
Charcoal stoves from neighbouring Manipur sold like hot cakes last week.
Villagers were using firewood collected from nearby jungles thereby harming the environment, the sources added.
Meanwhile, the state government and the Indian Oil Company (IOC) officials said that the cooking gas crisis would ease from mid-June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31