Copter service within Mizoram by August
Aizawl: Helicopter service will begin within Mizoram within August next with at least 10 helipads becoming functional by that time, an official statement said on Monday.
A tender for helicopter service was floated on May 10 and the last date its submission was fixed on June 11, it said.
Permission for the helicopter service from the Centre came late resulting in the belated decision on the matter, a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla was informed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital