Copter service within Mizoram by August
Aizawl: Helicopter service will begin within Mizoram within August next with at least 10 helipads becoming functional by that time, an official statement said on Monday.
A tender for helicopter service was floated on May 10 and the last date its submission was fixed on June 11, it said.
Permission for the helicopter service from the Centre came late resulting in the belated decision on the matter, a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla was informed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown