Copter service within Mizoram by August
Aizawl: Helicopter service will begin within Mizoram within August next with at least 10 helipads becoming functional by that time, an official statement said on Monday.
A tender for helicopter service was floated on May 10 and the last date its submission was fixed on June 11, it said.
Permission for the helicopter service from the Centre came late resulting in the belated decision on the matter, a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla was informed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works