Correct data of BPL families needed: Minister
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling Friday stressed the need for having correct data of BPL families to ensure that schemes and benefits reach the targeted beneficiaries.
It was necessary to understand the ground level status of the poor and BPL families with regard to poverty alleviation programmes being executed by the district rural development agencies, Byaling said in a statement here.
On implementation of MGNREGA in the state, Byaling said that the rural development ministry had released its first installment for the current financial year, and that the remaining funds would be released on submission of utilization certificates and audit reports.
He also reiterated the need to make the villages hygienic and free of diseases through rural sanitation programmes in collaboration with the PHE department under the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, adding that the labour charges for the purpose would be met through the MGNREGA scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'