Correct data of BPL families needed: Minister
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling Friday stressed the need for having correct data of BPL families to ensure that schemes and benefits reach the targeted beneficiaries.
It was necessary to understand the ground level status of the poor and BPL families with regard to poverty alleviation programmes being executed by the district rural development agencies, Byaling said in a statement here.
On implementation of MGNREGA in the state, Byaling said that the rural development ministry had released its first installment for the current financial year, and that the remaining funds would be released on submission of utilization certificates and audit reports.
He also reiterated the need to make the villages hygienic and free of diseases through rural sanitation programmes in collaboration with the PHE department under the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, adding that the labour charges for the purpose would be met through the MGNREGA scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi