Correct data of BPL families needed: Minister
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Minister Tanga Byaling Friday stressed the need for having correct data of BPL families to ensure that schemes and benefits reach the targeted beneficiaries.
It was necessary to understand the ground level status of the poor and BPL families with regard to poverty alleviation programmes being executed by the district rural development agencies, Byaling said in a statement here.
On implementation of MGNREGA in the state, Byaling said that the rural development ministry had released its first installment for the current financial year, and that the remaining funds would be released on submission of utilization certificates and audit reports.
He also reiterated the need to make the villages hygienic and free of diseases through rural sanitation programmes in collaboration with the PHE department under the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, adding that the labour charges for the purpose would be met through the MGNREGA scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH