Court orders SIC to probe into funds scam in Arunachal
Itanagar: A special court has ordered a probe by the Special Investigation Cell (SIC) into the alleged misappropriation of funds meant for repair and maintenance of the district court building in Arunachal Pradesh by a former minister.
The court of special judge (anti-corruption) at Pasighat in East Siang district ordered the investigation on a petition by the East and Upper Siang District Bar Association (EUSDBA).
The EUSDBA had filed a corruption case, on March 3 last, against former education minister Bosiram Siram and some Pasighat division engineers for their alleged involvement in swindling of funds meant for repair and maintenance of the district court building.
After hearing the counsel for the Bar Association and going through the strength of the averments stated in the petition, the special judge has ordered the SP of the SIC, Itanagar to investigate into the alleged corruption by registering a regular case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988, the court order said.
Meanwhile, EUSDBA president Tonning Pertin said that the bar members have no political ambition and has nothing to do with Siram personally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena