CPI-M slams Congress manifesto
Agartala: Ruling CPI-M in Tripura on Monday came down heavily on opposition Congress for making `lucrative offers` in its manifesto for the February 14 State Assembly poll slamming it as a `chit fund document`.
“This manifesto is like the document of the chit funds which makes 321 promises for the voters. It is a lucrative offer to woo the voters. It is misguiding,” CPI-M state secretary Bijan Dhar said in a press conference here.
He also criticised Tripura PCC president Sudip Roy Burman for thanking Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and the party for not putting up candidates which would benefit Congress.
“She (Mamata) is the most ostracised politician in the country and also has rivalry with Congress in West Bengal. It surprises us when she is greeted by Roy Burman. It is for the sake of mileage in the election,” Dhar said.
Congress had yesterday released its election manifesto promising to provide seven kg rice per family every month free of cost to those belonging to the very poor category and 35 kg rice per family per month at Rs 1 a kg for the BPL category if the party was voted to power.
AICC general secretary in-charge of Tripura, Luizinho Falerio had unveiled the 32-page manifesto of Congress-INPT combine which also focused on other fields including poverty alleviation, employment, welfare schemes for employees, pensioners, SC/ST, OBC and students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department