CPI-M to observe 25th anniversary of 1988 Tripura massacre
Agartala: The ruling CPI-M in Tripura will mark 25 years of the killing of 13 people, including 11 party members, Oct 12, 1988, with several functions, a party leader said Friday.
Ahead of the assembly polls, a series of programmes have been planned on the anniversary of the massacre, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) state secretary Bijon Dhar told reporters.
Dhar said that during the Congress-led coalition`s regime in 1988, 11 CPI-M members were murdered in the Birchandra Manu area, 85 km from here.
"Before the polls, we again want to expose the killings before the people, especially the new generation," he said.
Polls in the state are scheduled for February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details