CPI-M to observe 25th anniversary of 1988 Tripura massacre
Agartala: The ruling CPI-M in Tripura will mark 25 years of the killing of 13 people, including 11 party members, Oct 12, 1988, with several functions, a party leader said Friday.
Ahead of the assembly polls, a series of programmes have been planned on the anniversary of the massacre, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) state secretary Bijon Dhar told reporters.
Dhar said that during the Congress-led coalition`s regime in 1988, 11 CPI-M members were murdered in the Birchandra Manu area, 85 km from here.
"Before the polls, we again want to expose the killings before the people, especially the new generation," he said.
Polls in the state are scheduled for February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids