CPI(M) in Tripura objects to ECI accepting claims & objections
Agartala: The ruling CPI(M) in Tripura on Saturday alleged that it was unfair that the Election Commission of India was accepting claims and objections from the opposition Congress and INPT though the last date for it had already passed.
Party spokesman Goutam Das said, "the claims and objection for the second phase of the revision of electoral rolls started on November 2 and ended on November 14, but Congress and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT) are still submitting claims and objections on white paper and surprisingly the EC authorities accepted these."
Stating that it was continuing even now in clear violation of EC norms, Das said, the party had expressed dismay during the visit of deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi to the state on November 28. "It is not good umpiring."
Das also said, a DVD - `Indian Election: A mammoth Democratic Exercise` was recently sent to the Tripura government for showing to the people through the information department.
"We do not know if the Ministry of External Affairs took permission of the EC before publishing the DVD. It does not contain any perspective relating to Tripura which is going for assembly election in early 2013. So, we do not find any logic in showing it to people," he said.
Das also alleged that election symbols of major national political parties were shown on the DVD except that of CPI(M) and CPI.
The DVD also showed some scenes depicting religious rites of two religious communities, he said, adding that as India was a pluralistic country, people of other religions might be hurt after seeing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly