CPI(M) in Tripura objects to ECI accepting claims & objections
Agartala: The ruling CPI(M) in Tripura on Saturday alleged that it was unfair that the Election Commission of India was accepting claims and objections from the opposition Congress and INPT though the last date for it had already passed.
Party spokesman Goutam Das said, "the claims and objection for the second phase of the revision of electoral rolls started on November 2 and ended on November 14, but Congress and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT) are still submitting claims and objections on white paper and surprisingly the EC authorities accepted these."
Stating that it was continuing even now in clear violation of EC norms, Das said, the party had expressed dismay during the visit of deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi to the state on November 28. "It is not good umpiring."
Das also said, a DVD - `Indian Election: A mammoth Democratic Exercise` was recently sent to the Tripura government for showing to the people through the information department.
"We do not know if the Ministry of External Affairs took permission of the EC before publishing the DVD. It does not contain any perspective relating to Tripura which is going for assembly election in early 2013. So, we do not find any logic in showing it to people," he said.
Das also alleged that election symbols of major national political parties were shown on the DVD except that of CPI(M) and CPI.
The DVD also showed some scenes depicting religious rites of two religious communities, he said, adding that as India was a pluralistic country, people of other religions might be hurt after seeing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly