CPI(M) to follow Latin American model
Agartala: CPI(M) will now follow the path
of the left and progressive parties in Latin America to find
an alternative to capitalism, party politburo member Sitaram
Yechury said here on Tuesday.
"In those (Latin American) countries the left and
progressive parties have come to power by fighting against
imperialist forces, ushered in agricultural reforms and took
steps to nationalise mines, gas and oil," Yechury told the
20th conference of Tripura unit of the party.
"They are advancing towards socialism by taking these
steps. It proves that an alternative to liberalism within
capitalist system is possible," he said.
The party must take lessons from the experiences of the
Latin American countries and also from the recent experiences
of the socialist countries, the Rajya Sabha MP said.
He said capitalism was in crisis throughout the world
for the last four years and it was right time to launch
Synopsis of his speech in the party forum was circulated
at a press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened