CRPF battalion for Arunachal Pradesh to deal with bandhs
Itanagar: The Union Home Ministry has okayed a 1,000-strong CRPF battalion for Arunachal Pradesh to help deal with strikes and bandhs in the state capital.
This was conveyed to Chief Minister Nabam Tuki by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde when he called on the latter in New Delhi yesterday, official sources said here on Friday.
"The Home Ministry has approved one CRPF battalion of 1,000 trained personnel for Itanagar to strengthen the law and order machinery and tackle... Bandh culture in the capital," sources said.
Tuki, accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Takam Sanjoy, also met Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh.
Tuki urged the minister to expedite the setting up of a Greenfield Airport in the state by taking up the issue of funding at the suitable level, including with Planning Commission and related agencies.
Singh, for his part, suggested that the litigation in Guwahati High Court related to the airport should be handled in a manner so as to ensure early disposal of the case.
Tuki also requested the minister to allot airports in the strategically important areas of Lumla and Tawang.
Among other issues, they also discussed the scope for opening Advanced Landing Grounds at various locations in the state.
The matter of increasing the frequency of flights to Lilabari airport, too, was discussed, sources added.
Later in the day, Tuki met the Union Minister of Petroleum
and Natural Gas, Veerappa Moily, at Shastri Bhavan.
During his meeting with Moily, Tuki highlighted his state`s natural resources potential and sought central government support to explore the same.
They further discussed the scope for setting up an oil refinery in Changlang area.
With Tuki extending an invitation for Moily to visit Arunachal Pradesh, the Union minister said he may make a tour in October to study potential oilfields in the state.
Tuki also appealed to Moily for permission for the state government to start certain oil and natural gas exploration and extraction activities in the state.
When Tuki requested Moily`s help for setting up an Institute of Nursing and Para Medical Sciences at Miao, the Union minister sought a proposal from the state government for the project, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'