CRPF trooper kills three colleagues, shoots himself
Imphal: An irate Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper Monday killed three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead with his service weapon following a heated altercation in Manipur, officials said.
A police spokesperson said the incident took place around 7.00 am at the Food Corporation of India (FCI) warehouse at Sangaiprou in Imphal West district, about three kilometres from Manipur state capital Imphal.
"We are yet to get complete details of the incident, but prima facie we are of the view that there was some quarrel among the CRPF troopers with one of them probably going berserk and killing three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead," L Tailun, police chief of Imphal West district, said.
The CRPF troopers were deployed to guard the FCI warehouse.
"We are investigating the matter but unable to make progress so far as there were hardly other witnesses present during the incident," a CRPF official said.
One of the CRPF troopers bore bullet marks on his head.
"Probably the one with a bullet piercing through his head could have been involved in the shooting spree," the CRPF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre