CRPF trooper kills three colleagues, shoots himself
Imphal: An irate Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper Monday killed three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead with his service weapon following a heated altercation in Manipur, officials said.
A police spokesperson said the incident took place around 7.00 am at the Food Corporation of India (FCI) warehouse at Sangaiprou in Imphal West district, about three kilometres from Manipur state capital Imphal.
"We are yet to get complete details of the incident, but prima facie we are of the view that there was some quarrel among the CRPF troopers with one of them probably going berserk and killing three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead," L Tailun, police chief of Imphal West district, said.
The CRPF troopers were deployed to guard the FCI warehouse.
"We are investigating the matter but unable to make progress so far as there were hardly other witnesses present during the incident," a CRPF official said.
One of the CRPF troopers bore bullet marks on his head.
"Probably the one with a bullet piercing through his head could have been involved in the shooting spree," the CRPF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal