CRPF trooper kills three colleagues, shoots himself
Imphal: An irate Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper Monday killed three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead with his service weapon following a heated altercation in Manipur, officials said.
A police spokesperson said the incident took place around 7.00 am at the Food Corporation of India (FCI) warehouse at Sangaiprou in Imphal West district, about three kilometres from Manipur state capital Imphal.
"We are yet to get complete details of the incident, but prima facie we are of the view that there was some quarrel among the CRPF troopers with one of them probably going berserk and killing three of his colleagues and later shot himself dead," L Tailun, police chief of Imphal West district, said.
The CRPF troopers were deployed to guard the FCI warehouse.
"We are investigating the matter but unable to make progress so far as there were hardly other witnesses present during the incident," a CRPF official said.
One of the CRPF troopers bore bullet marks on his head.
"Probably the one with a bullet piercing through his head could have been involved in the shooting spree," the CRPF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption