Culling of poultry birds begins in Tripura
Agartala: The culling of bird flu affected
poultry began on Friday in five gram panchayats areas of West
The culling began after confirmation of the presence
of H5N1 virus in the affected birds from High Security Animal
Disease Laboratory (HSADL) in Bhopal.
"Twelve teams of Rapid Response Squad of Animal Resource
Development Department (ARDD) have started culling in 3 km
radius area of government-owned Lembucherra poultry farm in
the district, about 20 km from here," Director of Animal
Resource Department Manoranjan Sarkar said.
He said though exact number of culled chicks and ducks
could not be ascertained yet, the people engaged in the
operation were asked to visit each house so that no chick or
duck is left out of the operation.
All precautionary measures have been made to prevent fresh
outbreak of bird flu in the state, Sarkar said adding that the
movement of poultry products has been banned in the affected
Tripura witnessed outbreak of avian influenza way back in
At least 55,000 chicks and ducks were culled at Mohanpur
and its adjacent villages of West Tripura district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH