Culling of poultry birds begins in Tripura
Agartala: The culling of bird flu affected
poultry began on Friday in five gram panchayats areas of West
The culling began after confirmation of the presence
of H5N1 virus in the affected birds from High Security Animal
Disease Laboratory (HSADL) in Bhopal.
"Twelve teams of Rapid Response Squad of Animal Resource
Development Department (ARDD) have started culling in 3 km
radius area of government-owned Lembucherra poultry farm in
the district, about 20 km from here," Director of Animal
Resource Department Manoranjan Sarkar said.
He said though exact number of culled chicks and ducks
could not be ascertained yet, the people engaged in the
operation were asked to visit each house so that no chick or
duck is left out of the operation.
All precautionary measures have been made to prevent fresh
outbreak of bird flu in the state, Sarkar said adding that the
movement of poultry products has been banned in the affected
Tripura witnessed outbreak of avian influenza way back in
At least 55,000 chicks and ducks were culled at Mohanpur
and its adjacent villages of West Tripura district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location