Curtain comes down on week-long Hornbill Festival
Kohima: The week-long annual Hornbill
festival displaying various facets of Naga life and culture
came to an end this evening with spectacular display of fire
works presentation of prizes to cultural troupes and musical
bands in different categories.
During the closing function held in the main arena of
the amphitheatre of Kisama Heritage village, Parliamentary
secretary for tourism and culture gave away prizes to various
folk cultural troupes for their presentation and ceremoniously
lit the bonfire amidst battle cries of Naga dancers.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio gave away prizes to winners
of the national rock contest, also held in the village as part
of the Hornbill festival.
As most of the activities of the festival were held at
the heritage village, 10 km south of here, Kohima Chambers of
Commerce and Industry organised a week-long Night Carnival in
Kohima facilitating people to taste variety of food items.
Besides all the north eastern states, the festival
this year witnessed participation of cultural troupes from
Japan, Korea, Thailand and Myanmar. An estimated 500 foreign
tourists visited the state during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened