Curtain comes down on week-long Hornbill Festival
Kohima: The week-long annual Hornbill
festival displaying various facets of Naga life and culture
came to an end this evening with spectacular display of fire
works presentation of prizes to cultural troupes and musical
bands in different categories.
During the closing function held in the main arena of
the amphitheatre of Kisama Heritage village, Parliamentary
secretary for tourism and culture gave away prizes to various
folk cultural troupes for their presentation and ceremoniously
lit the bonfire amidst battle cries of Naga dancers.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio gave away prizes to winners
of the national rock contest, also held in the village as part
of the Hornbill festival.
As most of the activities of the festival were held at
the heritage village, 10 km south of here, Kohima Chambers of
Commerce and Industry organised a week-long Night Carnival in
Kohima facilitating people to taste variety of food items.
Besides all the north eastern states, the festival
this year witnessed participation of cultural troupes from
Japan, Korea, Thailand and Myanmar. An estimated 500 foreign
tourists visited the state during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector