Cyclone Mahasen likely to hit Tripura tonight
Agartala: With cyclone Mahasen likely to hit Tripura Thursday night, the state may witness heavy rains and a gale of 50-60 Kmph, the met office said here.
"There is likely to be heavy rain in the state in the next two days with wind blowing in 50 to 60 Km speed per hour," Met Director Dilip Saha told a news agency.
"The effects of the cyclone might slightly be felt in southern and eastern part of the state from tonight. We have not find anything to sound an alert," Saha said.
The state disaster management department, however, alerted people of Kanchanpur and Gandaceherra subdivisions of northern and eastern part of the state and Amarpur and Sabroom subdivisions of Southern Tripura about the cyclone, official sources said.
The cyclone had hit Bangladesh earlier in the day and is likely to move northeasterly further and may cross Chittagong-Cox`s Bazar coast during the day.
The Sabroom border in southern Tripura is located about 75 Km from the Bay of Bengal in Chittagong division of the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB