Daily editor-proprietor held in connection with triple murder
Agartala: Less than a month after the killing of three newspaper employees at the office of a Tripura daily `Dainik Ganadoot`, its editor-proprietor Sushil Chowdhury was arrested on Friday in connection with the murder.
SP (Police Control), Uttam Majumdar said Chowdhury was arrested for his alleged involvement in the triple killing of the newspaper employees on May 19 last here and he would be produced before a local court tomorrow.
Driver of the editor`s vehicle Balaram Ghosh, manager Ranjit Choudhury and proof reader Sujit Bhattacharjee were murdered inside the `Dainik Ganadoot` building on May 19.
Niyati Ghosh, wife of Balaram and her 13-year-old daughter witnessed the gruesome murder of Balaram Ghosh by two assailants who after stabbing him fled the scene on a motorbike, police said.
The family lived in a small quarter on the backside of the building.
Choudhury, who lives in the same compound, was present in a nearby room in the premises when the killing took place but had claimed he did not see anything. He was also grilled by police several time.
Police had arrested Niyati Ghosh, wife of slain Balaram Ghosh, on June 1 last for giving inconsistent statements.
Niyati was remanded to police custody for five days and later on June 5 she further got another three days` police remand which is ending tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes