Daily editor-proprietor held in connection with triple murder
Agartala: Less than a month after the killing of three newspaper employees at the office of a Tripura daily `Dainik Ganadoot`, its editor-proprietor Sushil Chowdhury was arrested on Friday in connection with the murder.
SP (Police Control), Uttam Majumdar said Chowdhury was arrested for his alleged involvement in the triple killing of the newspaper employees on May 19 last here and he would be produced before a local court tomorrow.
Driver of the editor`s vehicle Balaram Ghosh, manager Ranjit Choudhury and proof reader Sujit Bhattacharjee were murdered inside the `Dainik Ganadoot` building on May 19.
Niyati Ghosh, wife of Balaram and her 13-year-old daughter witnessed the gruesome murder of Balaram Ghosh by two assailants who after stabbing him fled the scene on a motorbike, police said.
The family lived in a small quarter on the backside of the building.
Choudhury, who lives in the same compound, was present in a nearby room in the premises when the killing took place but had claimed he did not see anything. He was also grilled by police several time.
Police had arrested Niyati Ghosh, wife of slain Balaram Ghosh, on June 1 last for giving inconsistent statements.
Niyati was remanded to police custody for five days and later on June 5 she further got another three days` police remand which is ending tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM