Dalai Lama on visit to Sikkim
Gangtok: Dalai Lama, who is on a three-day visit to Sikkim, will consecrate the Buddha Park, Tathagata Tsal, at Rabongla in South Sikkim Tuesday.
Dalai Lama was given a warm reception by committee members and monks of the Mani Chokerling Monastery when he arrived here yesterday.
Chief Minister Pawan Chamling received him at the helipad after he flew in from Bagdogra.
The chief minister escorted the Dalai Lama to Tathagata Tsal guest house where he will stay during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?