DAN govt lacks vision, commitment: Congress
Kohima: Moving a number of amendments to the Governor`s address, the opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government was short of vision, sincerity and commitment towards addressing the pressing public issues that confronted the state.
The NPF led DAN government, instead, brought about division, insecurity and disparity in the state, the party alleged in the Nagaland assembly.
Moving the amendments, leader of the opposition Tokheho Yepthomi alleged that though the state received financial help from the Centre under police modernization
programme, the funds were fraudulently drawn and purchases of arms, ammunition and equipment made randomly.
He referred to the irregularities in purchasing of arms and ammunition worth Rs 18 crore by police headquarters, which was detected by CAG, and demanded a high level probe.
Tokheho also lamented that the government did not allow discussions on public issues in the assembly and never took action or corrective measures when irregularities were pointed out by the members.
He alleged that all funds under SSA and RMSA were being misused but no action was initiated against the wrong doers even as FIRs were lodged against fictitious appointments of teachers in the state.
In another amendment, the CLP leader said all minor irrigation projects were only in papers and all the assistance under agriculture were received only by NPF workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement