DCs transferred following EC order in Aizawl
Aizawl: Following instructions from the Election Commission, Aizawl district Deputy Commissioner Dr Franklin Laltinkhuma was transferred to Serchhip district while Serchhip district DC Juhi Mukherjee was transferred to Aizawl.
The notification issued by the state Department of Personal and Administrative Reforms said that the two IAS officers would again exchange their posts after completion of the election process.
The transfer of the officials were necessary as Laltinkhuma has been occupying his home post more than three years, officials said.
The Election Commission also instructed the SPs of Aizawl and Serchhip to exchange posts during the election process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says