Deka to take stock of situation after accident
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
directed Agriculture Minister Nilmani Sen Deka to review
the situation following the derailment of a local passenger
train which killed three persons and injured over 50 in Kamrup
(Rural) district on Friday.
Gogoi directed the minister to rush to the spot and
oversee rescue and relief operations and ensure that the
injured were provided with the best medical facilities, an
official release said.
Deka visited the accident site, health centres at
Mirza and Azara and also Guwahati Medical College Hospital
where many of the injured have been admitted.
The minister directed the hospital authorities to
provided the best treatment to the injured.
The Chief Minister also condoled the death of the
three persons and prayed for the speedy recovery of the
Assam Governor J B Patnaik has also extended his
heartfelt condolence for the passengers who died in the mishap
and sympathy for those who sustained injuries.
In a statement, he prayed for the peace of the
departed soul and wished early recovery of the injured.
The mishap occurred when the train derailed after
hitting an earth-cutting vehicle at an unmanned railway
crossing at Gossainghati between Azara and Mirza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof