Deka to take stock of situation after accident
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
directed Agriculture Minister Nilmani Sen Deka to review
the situation following the derailment of a local passenger
train which killed three persons and injured over 50 in Kamrup
(Rural) district on Friday.
Gogoi directed the minister to rush to the spot and
oversee rescue and relief operations and ensure that the
injured were provided with the best medical facilities, an
official release said.
Deka visited the accident site, health centres at
Mirza and Azara and also Guwahati Medical College Hospital
where many of the injured have been admitted.
The minister directed the hospital authorities to
provided the best treatment to the injured.
The Chief Minister also condoled the death of the
three persons and prayed for the speedy recovery of the
Assam Governor J B Patnaik has also extended his
heartfelt condolence for the passengers who died in the mishap
and sympathy for those who sustained injuries.
In a statement, he prayed for the peace of the
departed soul and wished early recovery of the injured.
The mishap occurred when the train derailed after
hitting an earth-cutting vehicle at an unmanned railway
crossing at Gossainghati between Azara and Mirza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda