Dekargaon-Naharlagun train services suspended due to security
Itanagar: The train service between Dekargaon (Assam) and Naharlagun (Arunachal) which was indefinitely suspended from May 9 last was due to security reasons rather than damage of railway track at Gumto following incessant rain, the North East Frontier Railway said on Monday.
Chief Public Relation Officer of NEF Railway Sugato Lahiri informed that Papum Pare district Deputy Commissioner and Superintendent of Police on May 8 last advised the railway authorities to stop train service to Naharlagun station in view of security problem.
"The state chief secretary also advised the railways to suspend the services," Lahiri said in a communique.
Suspension of train service came days after All Nyishi Students Union (ANSU) and All Papum Pare District Students Union (APPDSU) demanded for immediate suspension of train service alleging that illegal migrants were pouring into state using railway.
Ever since train service started in the state started various student organisations including ANSU, APPDSU, SUMA (Students Union Movement of Arunachal) and other civil societies have been expressing serious concern over large scale migration of outsiders into state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened