Delhi-based trust plans Delhi memorial to Netaji
Shillong: A Delhi-based trust has proposed
to set up a memorial to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in the
capital for which it has sought a Rs 100-crore grant from the
Centre and a plot of land from the Delhi Government.
Members of the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose INA Trust have
met Union ministers Pranab Mukherjee, Kapil Sibal and Kamal
Nath and asked for the grant, chief advisor of the governing
body of the trust and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma said
He said the Delhi Government had agreed to provide a plot
on the outskirts of the national capital, but the trust is
insisting on a place within the Delhi municipal area.
``We are asking for a bungalow in an area of about three
acres. Such heritage bungalows have been allotted for
memorials built for other leaders, Sangma said.
``The concept of the memorial will include an institute
where research work on the vision and contribution of Netaji
would be carried out. Emphasis will be on creating the spirit
of patriotism,`` Sangma said adding gradually it would
diversify into other aspects.
He said a chapter of the memorial will also be opened in
We have short-listed three places in the region
Guwahati, Shillong or Moirang near Imphal which was the
headquarters of Netaji’s Azad Hind Fauz, Sangma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test