Demand for creation of Dept of Nyishi Affairs
Itanagar: The Nyishi Elite Society,
the parent body of all organisations of powerful Nyishi
community and pre-dominant tribe of five districts in
Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday demanded creation of Department
of Nyishi Affairs (DoNA) with a Rs 100 crore annual
Addressing a press conference here, its president
Bengia Tolum said a fact finding NES team visited
interior areas of the Nyishi dominated districts and
found most of the areas were underdeveloped with poor
The backwardness in border districts like
Kurung Kumey denied the youth access to education and
forced them take to wrong the path and shift to state
Whenever there is violence these youths from
Kurung Kumey are blamed, Tolum said.
While some non-Nyisi areas in the state had
schools long ago, the Nyishi areas are lacking these
facilities. Hence the demand for creation of DoNA with
additional allocation of funds.
Tolum said an NES delegation led by him met
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu on March 14 and submitted a
memorandum containing their demands, to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves