Demand for prosecution sanction against Naga minister
Kohima: The Nagaland Assembly has rejected the demand of the Congress to accord a prosecution sanction against state medical minister Imkong L Imchen.
According to a letter addressed to Congress chief S I Jamir, Nagaland Legislative Assembly secretary A E Lotha today said that 197 CrPC does not fall under the purview of the Speaker to accord prosecution sanction against a minister.
He said that Jamir`s reference for according prosecution sanction against Imkong L Imchen under section 197 CrPC in connection with the February 18, 2013 Wokha incident does not fall under the Speaker`s jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users