Demand for prosecution sanction against Naga minister
Kohima: The Nagaland Assembly has rejected the demand of the Congress to accord a prosecution sanction against state medical minister Imkong L Imchen.
According to a letter addressed to Congress chief S I Jamir, Nagaland Legislative Assembly secretary A E Lotha today said that 197 CrPC does not fall under the purview of the Speaker to accord prosecution sanction against a minister.
He said that Jamir`s reference for according prosecution sanction against Imkong L Imchen under section 197 CrPC in connection with the February 18, 2013 Wokha incident does not fall under the Speaker`s jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof