Demand to retable Meghalaya Budget
Shillong: Upset over the Budget document
presented by Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, opposition
NCP staged a walk-out of the assembly demanding retabling of
the budget terming it as "incomplete".
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma raised
questions over the blank pages which appeared in the amount
allocation section of the Budget 2012-13 and demanded that the
chief minister re-present the Budget with a complete figure.
"There was no money allotted to the Garo Hills region
and part of the demand on grants for 2012-13 for Khasi Hills
and Jaintia Hills region were blank," Conrad said.
After finding out that there was no money allocation for
the Garo Hills region, the young NCP leader said, "this is not
reflective of what the government wants to do for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional