Demand to retable Meghalaya Budget
Shillong: Upset over the Budget document
presented by Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, opposition
NCP staged a walk-out of the assembly demanding retabling of
the budget terming it as "incomplete".
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma raised
questions over the blank pages which appeared in the amount
allocation section of the Budget 2012-13 and demanded that the
chief minister re-present the Budget with a complete figure.
"There was no money allotted to the Garo Hills region
and part of the demand on grants for 2012-13 for Khasi Hills
and Jaintia Hills region were blank," Conrad said.
After finding out that there was no money allocation for
the Garo Hills region, the young NCP leader said, "this is not
reflective of what the government wants to do for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months