Demand to retable Meghalaya Budget
Shillong: Upset over the Budget document
presented by Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, opposition
NCP staged a walk-out of the assembly demanding retabling of
the budget terming it as "incomplete".
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma raised
questions over the blank pages which appeared in the amount
allocation section of the Budget 2012-13 and demanded that the
chief minister re-present the Budget with a complete figure.
"There was no money allotted to the Garo Hills region
and part of the demand on grants for 2012-13 for Khasi Hills
and Jaintia Hills region were blank," Conrad said.
After finding out that there was no money allocation for
the Garo Hills region, the young NCP leader said, "this is not
reflective of what the government wants to do for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS