Demand to retable Meghalaya Budget
Shillong: Upset over the Budget document
presented by Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, opposition
NCP staged a walk-out of the assembly demanding retabling of
the budget terming it as "incomplete".
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma raised
questions over the blank pages which appeared in the amount
allocation section of the Budget 2012-13 and demanded that the
chief minister re-present the Budget with a complete figure.
"There was no money allotted to the Garo Hills region
and part of the demand on grants for 2012-13 for Khasi Hills
and Jaintia Hills region were blank," Conrad said.
After finding out that there was no money allocation for
the Garo Hills region, the young NCP leader said, "this is not
reflective of what the government wants to do for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes