Demo by school teachers in Shillong
Shillong: Hundreds of primary school teachers on Friday held demonstration here demanding regular disbursement of salary.
"One of our primary demands is payment of salary on a monthly basis," All Meghalaya Primary School Teachers Association General Secretary F C Shullai said.
Their other demands include increment for higher qualification, inclusion of teachers appointed by administrator as government teachers, payment of arrears.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma said he had instructed the Chief Secretary W M S Pariat to look into the grievances of the schools teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- GMR wins contract for Goa's greenfield airport project
- Six scientists about to wrap up yearlong Mars simulation in Hawaii
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar