Denied leave, BSF trooper kills self
Agartala: A BSF trooper in Tripura shot himself dead with his service weapon after his superior rejected his leave application, police said here Sunday.
Border Security Force (BSF) trooper Bijender Singh, 36, shot himself Saturday night with his service rifle and his body was found in the backyard of an outpost at Belonia in southern Tripura, a police spokesman told reporters.
The spokesman said that Bijender Singh had recently applied for leave to go to his home in Haryana. The battalion commandant rejected the application before he took the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional