Denied leave, BSF trooper kills self
Agartala: A BSF trooper in Tripura shot himself dead with his service weapon after his superior rejected his leave application, police said here Sunday.
Border Security Force (BSF) trooper Bijender Singh, 36, shot himself Saturday night with his service rifle and his body was found in the backyard of an outpost at Belonia in southern Tripura, a police spokesman told reporters.
The spokesman said that Bijender Singh had recently applied for leave to go to his home in Haryana. The battalion commandant rejected the application before he took the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs