Deori retained as Tiwa council CEM
Morigaon: May 9 (PTI) Ramakanta Deori was on Wednesday retained as the chief executive member of the Tiwa Autonomous Council following a trial of strength.
Deori got 19 votes while his rival Rina Pator secured only one vote.
The trial of strength was ordered by Gauhati high court following a writ petition by Pator after a tussle for the post of CEM.
The voting was conducted by Morigaon deputy commissioner Vishal Solanki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!