Deori retained as Tiwa council CEM
Morigaon: May 9 (PTI) Ramakanta Deori was on Wednesday retained as the chief executive member of the Tiwa Autonomous Council following a trial of strength.
Deori got 19 votes while his rival Rina Pator secured only one vote.
The trial of strength was ordered by Gauhati high court following a writ petition by Pator after a tussle for the post of CEM.
The voting was conducted by Morigaon deputy commissioner Vishal Solanki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you