Deputy Govt. Chief Whip granted bail in Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram`s Deputy Government Chief Whip R. L. Pianmawia, the first sitting MLA to be jailed in the history of the state, was Friday granted bail by Michael R. L. Sailo, Chief Judicial Magistrate of Aizawl district.
Accused of committing forgery, Pianmawia surrendered to the Aizawl Police Station yesterday and was sent to the Central Jail near here where he spent a night in a special cell for classified (political) prisoners.
He surrendered to the police after his plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by K. L. Liana, Aizawl District and Sessions Judge on Wednesday.
The ruling Congress legislator allegedly forged rubber stamps of the president and secretary of the North Serzawl village council situated within his Tuivai assembly constituency.
He allegedly withdrew Rs one lakh from his MLA Local Area Development Scheme from the Aizawl DC`s office using the forged rubber stamps in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II