Deputy Govt. Chief Whip granted bail in Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram`s Deputy Government Chief Whip R. L. Pianmawia, the first sitting MLA to be jailed in the history of the state, was Friday granted bail by Michael R. L. Sailo, Chief Judicial Magistrate of Aizawl district.
Accused of committing forgery, Pianmawia surrendered to the Aizawl Police Station yesterday and was sent to the Central Jail near here where he spent a night in a special cell for classified (political) prisoners.
He surrendered to the police after his plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by K. L. Liana, Aizawl District and Sessions Judge on Wednesday.
The ruling Congress legislator allegedly forged rubber stamps of the president and secretary of the North Serzawl village council situated within his Tuivai assembly constituency.
He allegedly withdrew Rs one lakh from his MLA Local Area Development Scheme from the Aizawl DC`s office using the forged rubber stamps in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read