Deputy Govt. Chief Whip granted bail in Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram`s Deputy Government Chief Whip R. L. Pianmawia, the first sitting MLA to be jailed in the history of the state, was Friday granted bail by Michael R. L. Sailo, Chief Judicial Magistrate of Aizawl district.
Accused of committing forgery, Pianmawia surrendered to the Aizawl Police Station yesterday and was sent to the Central Jail near here where he spent a night in a special cell for classified (political) prisoners.
He surrendered to the police after his plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by K. L. Liana, Aizawl District and Sessions Judge on Wednesday.
The ruling Congress legislator allegedly forged rubber stamps of the president and secretary of the North Serzawl village council situated within his Tuivai assembly constituency.
He allegedly withdrew Rs one lakh from his MLA Local Area Development Scheme from the Aizawl DC`s office using the forged rubber stamps in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves