Deputy Govt. Chief Whip granted bail in Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram`s Deputy Government Chief Whip R. L. Pianmawia, the first sitting MLA to be jailed in the history of the state, was Friday granted bail by Michael R. L. Sailo, Chief Judicial Magistrate of Aizawl district.
Accused of committing forgery, Pianmawia surrendered to the Aizawl Police Station yesterday and was sent to the Central Jail near here where he spent a night in a special cell for classified (political) prisoners.
He surrendered to the police after his plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by K. L. Liana, Aizawl District and Sessions Judge on Wednesday.
The ruling Congress legislator allegedly forged rubber stamps of the president and secretary of the North Serzawl village council situated within his Tuivai assembly constituency.
He allegedly withdrew Rs one lakh from his MLA Local Area Development Scheme from the Aizawl DC`s office using the forged rubber stamps in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown