Deputy Govt. Chief Whip granted bail in Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram`s Deputy Government Chief Whip R. L. Pianmawia, the first sitting MLA to be jailed in the history of the state, was Friday granted bail by Michael R. L. Sailo, Chief Judicial Magistrate of Aizawl district.
Accused of committing forgery, Pianmawia surrendered to the Aizawl Police Station yesterday and was sent to the Central Jail near here where he spent a night in a special cell for classified (political) prisoners.
He surrendered to the police after his plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by K. L. Liana, Aizawl District and Sessions Judge on Wednesday.
The ruling Congress legislator allegedly forged rubber stamps of the president and secretary of the North Serzawl village council situated within his Tuivai assembly constituency.
He allegedly withdrew Rs one lakh from his MLA Local Area Development Scheme from the Aizawl DC`s office using the forged rubber stamps in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi