Deserter IRB jawan killed by commandos in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of 6th India Reserve
Battalion (IRB), who deserted the force`s camp with a service
gun, was shot dead after he was confronted by police commandos
in Imphal East district of Manipur on Saturday, police sources said.
The jawan, identified as Abjal Ali who took away a light
machine gun with six magazines and 150 rounds of ammunition,
was shot dead at Nongmajing in Irilbung police station area.
The gun and ammunition were recovered from the spot.
The sources said it would be investigated whether the
jawan had links with any militant outfit.
A case has been registered at the Irilbung police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport