Deserter IRB jawan killed by commandos in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of 6th India Reserve
Battalion (IRB), who deserted the force`s camp with a service
gun, was shot dead after he was confronted by police commandos
in Imphal East district of Manipur on Saturday, police sources said.
The jawan, identified as Abjal Ali who took away a light
machine gun with six magazines and 150 rounds of ammunition,
was shot dead at Nongmajing in Irilbung police station area.
The gun and ammunition were recovered from the spot.
The sources said it would be investigated whether the
jawan had links with any militant outfit.
A case has been registered at the Irilbung police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez