Deserter IRB jawan killed by commandos in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of 6th India Reserve
Battalion (IRB), who deserted the force`s camp with a service
gun, was shot dead after he was confronted by police commandos
in Imphal East district of Manipur on Saturday, police sources said.
The jawan, identified as Abjal Ali who took away a light
machine gun with six magazines and 150 rounds of ammunition,
was shot dead at Nongmajing in Irilbung police station area.
The gun and ammunition were recovered from the spot.
The sources said it would be investigated whether the
jawan had links with any militant outfit.
A case has been registered at the Irilbung police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board
- Terrorists hiding in J&K's Baramulla, fierce encounter underway