Deserter IRB jawan killed by commandos in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of 6th India Reserve
Battalion (IRB), who deserted the force`s camp with a service
gun, was shot dead after he was confronted by police commandos
in Imphal East district of Manipur on Saturday, police sources said.
The jawan, identified as Abjal Ali who took away a light
machine gun with six magazines and 150 rounds of ammunition,
was shot dead at Nongmajing in Irilbung police station area.
The gun and ammunition were recovered from the spot.
The sources said it would be investigated whether the
jawan had links with any militant outfit.
A case has been registered at the Irilbung police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what