Despite launch, food sec scheme implementation to take time
Aizawl: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will officially launch the Food Security Scheme in Mizoram on September 20, but it would take some more time for its actual implementation, a state minister said on Wednesday.
While visiting Aizawl on September 20, Gandhi would launch the Food Security Scheme to signify that it would be implemented in this Congress-ruled state, state`s Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister H Rohluna said.
"(But) it is impossible to implement the Scheme immediately as there are a number of issues to be resolved before actual implementation," he said.
The minister expressed hope that a meeting convened by Union Food Minister K V Thomas in Delhi on October four would be crucial for settling unresolved issues on the scheme.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had earlier said the state government would make all out efforts to implement the Scheme despite a plethora of problems, including financial, being faced by his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit