Despite launch, food sec scheme implementation to take time
Aizawl: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will officially launch the Food Security Scheme in Mizoram on September 20, but it would take some more time for its actual implementation, a state minister said on Wednesday.
While visiting Aizawl on September 20, Gandhi would launch the Food Security Scheme to signify that it would be implemented in this Congress-ruled state, state`s Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister H Rohluna said.
"(But) it is impossible to implement the Scheme immediately as there are a number of issues to be resolved before actual implementation," he said.
The minister expressed hope that a meeting convened by Union Food Minister K V Thomas in Delhi on October four would be crucial for settling unresolved issues on the scheme.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had earlier said the state government would make all out efforts to implement the Scheme despite a plethora of problems, including financial, being faced by his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal