Despite launch, food sec scheme implementation to take time
Aizawl: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will officially launch the Food Security Scheme in Mizoram on September 20, but it would take some more time for its actual implementation, a state minister said on Wednesday.
While visiting Aizawl on September 20, Gandhi would launch the Food Security Scheme to signify that it would be implemented in this Congress-ruled state, state`s Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister H Rohluna said.
"(But) it is impossible to implement the Scheme immediately as there are a number of issues to be resolved before actual implementation," he said.
The minister expressed hope that a meeting convened by Union Food Minister K V Thomas in Delhi on October four would be crucial for settling unresolved issues on the scheme.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had earlier said the state government would make all out efforts to implement the Scheme despite a plethora of problems, including financial, being faced by his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan