Despite launch, food sec scheme implementation to take time
Aizawl: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will officially launch the Food Security Scheme in Mizoram on September 20, but it would take some more time for its actual implementation, a state minister said on Wednesday.
While visiting Aizawl on September 20, Gandhi would launch the Food Security Scheme to signify that it would be implemented in this Congress-ruled state, state`s Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister H Rohluna said.
"(But) it is impossible to implement the Scheme immediately as there are a number of issues to be resolved before actual implementation," he said.
The minister expressed hope that a meeting convened by Union Food Minister K V Thomas in Delhi on October four would be crucial for settling unresolved issues on the scheme.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had earlier said the state government would make all out efforts to implement the Scheme despite a plethora of problems, including financial, being faced by his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured