Despite launch, food sec scheme implementation to take time
Aizawl: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will officially launch the Food Security Scheme in Mizoram on September 20, but it would take some more time for its actual implementation, a state minister said on Wednesday.
While visiting Aizawl on September 20, Gandhi would launch the Food Security Scheme to signify that it would be implemented in this Congress-ruled state, state`s Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister H Rohluna said.
"(But) it is impossible to implement the Scheme immediately as there are a number of issues to be resolved before actual implementation," he said.
The minister expressed hope that a meeting convened by Union Food Minister K V Thomas in Delhi on October four would be crucial for settling unresolved issues on the scheme.
Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had earlier said the state government would make all out efforts to implement the Scheme despite a plethora of problems, including financial, being faced by his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic