Development for all -- BJP`s focus for Assam polls, says Varun
Guwahati: BJP MP and in-charge of Assam Varun Gandhi on Saturday asserted that the party`s focus for the forthcoming assembly polls in the state was on development for all sections of people.
"BJP`s poll strategy will be development centric. The party`s list of candidates for the assembly polls is almost ready and will be released by the end of January," Gandhi told reporters before the inauguration of BJP`s two-day national executive meeting here.
Asked about the party`s strategy for minorities which plays a significant role in the state polls, Gandhi said, "people are people. We do not see them as majority or
minority but only as people."
"We are appealing to everybody as everyone wants their children to go to good schools, want development and peace. I am appealing to everybody and trying to get all on board without excluding anybody. We want to remove the feeling
of isolation here," he added.
Gandhi expressed confidence that the BJP will gain substantially in the forthcoming polls "though it is too premature to put it in numeric terms."
"The response is positive and we are selecting candidates on the basis of their ability, commitment to progress of Assam and their integrity. Good candidates with visionary leadership in gaining substantially," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot