Development for all -- BJP`s focus for Assam polls, says Varun
Guwahati: BJP MP and in-charge of Assam Varun Gandhi on Saturday asserted that the party`s focus for the forthcoming assembly polls in the state was on development for all sections of people.
"BJP`s poll strategy will be development centric. The party`s list of candidates for the assembly polls is almost ready and will be released by the end of January," Gandhi told reporters before the inauguration of BJP`s two-day national executive meeting here.
Asked about the party`s strategy for minorities which plays a significant role in the state polls, Gandhi said, "people are people. We do not see them as majority or
minority but only as people."
"We are appealing to everybody as everyone wants their children to go to good schools, want development and peace. I am appealing to everybody and trying to get all on board without excluding anybody. We want to remove the feeling
of isolation here," he added.
Gandhi expressed confidence that the BJP will gain substantially in the forthcoming polls "though it is too premature to put it in numeric terms."
"The response is positive and we are selecting candidates on the basis of their ability, commitment to progress of Assam and their integrity. Good candidates with visionary leadership in gaining substantially," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan