DG, Prisons removed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Taking cognizance of the scuffle inside a high security area of a jail here, the Meghalaya government Thursday removed Director-General, Prisons Kulbir Kishan and appointed Inspector-General F D Sangma in his post, though on a temporary basis.
State home minister Roshan Warjri said, "We have relieved Kishan from the post he held as DG Prisons.”
Kishan, who was among five senior IPS officers tipped to take over as state Director-General of Police, will however, continue to hold charge of Home Guards and Civil Defense.
The 1977 IPS officer has had a tumultuous time during his four year charge of the Prison department during which several lapses were unearthed.
The worst was when seven prisoners escaped from the century-old jail here in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia