DG, Prisons removed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Taking cognizance of the scuffle inside a high security area of a jail here, the Meghalaya government Thursday removed Director-General, Prisons Kulbir Kishan and appointed Inspector-General F D Sangma in his post, though on a temporary basis.
State home minister Roshan Warjri said, "We have relieved Kishan from the post he held as DG Prisons.”
Kishan, who was among five senior IPS officers tipped to take over as state Director-General of Police, will however, continue to hold charge of Home Guards and Civil Defense.
The 1977 IPS officer has had a tumultuous time during his four year charge of the Prison department during which several lapses were unearthed.
The worst was when seven prisoners escaped from the century-old jail here in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'