Digaru bridge inaugurated
Itanagar: The 720-meter-long Digaru bridge, longest ever bridge constructed by the Border Roads Organization, was inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh by Union Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju.
The bridge, linking Lohit and Dibang Valley districts, was undertaken by `Project Udayak`, a defence communique said here on Wednesday.
The bridge, erected in extremely tough terrain, fulfilled the long-pending demand of the local population as well as the Army, said Raju after the inauguration on Monday.
After the inauguration, he also inspected a portion of the Trans-Arunachal Highway being constructed by the BRO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan