Dislodge Marxists in Tripura as done in WB: Cong
Agartala: The opposition Congress today exhorted the people of Tripura to pull down the Left Front government from power to end its 19 year "misrule" and bring relief to the people.
Addressing a public gathering here, AICC General Secretary Luizinho Faleiro, in-charge of Tripura, alleged that the agony and sufferings of people have crossed the limit with the total collapse of law and order, rise in crime against women and failure of the government to provide security to the people.
For 19 years people have only suffered and suffered and silently deprived of their rights. When the people demand fulfillment of their rights the ruling class people think they are favouring them. I would urge the people of the state to pull down this government from power and give a chance to congress to ensure your rights," Faleiro said.
Coming hard on the corruption issue, he said "while you people are living in the ocean of poverty, the CPI(M) leaders are staying in the island of prosperity. And the time has come to bring an end to the Marxist misrule in Tripura like in West Bengal and Kerala."
Faleiro alleged the BPL population in the state still stood at 67 per cent even after pumping of crores of money under the 16 flagship programmes of the central government.
He said of the 8682 villages, "2877 hamlets still don?t have water supply and 1513 don?t have road connectivity.
We have to fight against the atrocities and discrimination of the Left Front unitedly in the 2013 Assembly election?, he said.
West Bengal Irrigation Minister Manash Bhuiyan, said, the way people of West Bengal had thrown the Communists from power after 34 years misrule would also pave the way for ouster of the Communist government led by Manik Sarkar.
TPCC President Sudip Roy Barman, CLP leader Ratan Lal Nath, former PCC chief Surajit Dutta also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco