DMC Chairman shot at Kohima
Kohima: Dimapur Municipal Council Chairman
Khekaho Assumi was injured when unidentified persons shot at
him here, official sources said on Sunday.
Assumi suffered bullet injuries when three gunmen fired
at him while he was moving in a vehicle on the highway last
night, the sources said.
He was immediately rushed to hospital where he was stated
to be out of danger.
Following the incident, prohibitory orders under section
144 CrPC were clamped in Dimapur town.
Earlier in the day, the district administration issued
an order of arrest of the chairman on the basis of an FIR
lodged against him alleging that he had assaulted a
62-year-old businessman on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi