DMC Chairman shot at Kohima
Kohima: Dimapur Municipal Council Chairman
Khekaho Assumi was injured when unidentified persons shot at
him here, official sources said on Sunday.
Assumi suffered bullet injuries when three gunmen fired
at him while he was moving in a vehicle on the highway last
night, the sources said.
He was immediately rushed to hospital where he was stated
to be out of danger.
Following the incident, prohibitory orders under section
144 CrPC were clamped in Dimapur town.
Earlier in the day, the district administration issued
an order of arrest of the chairman on the basis of an FIR
lodged against him alleging that he had assaulted a
62-year-old businessman on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali