Dorjee Khandu leaving for Delhi to meet PM
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu is leaving here tomorrow for New Delhi
to call on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the evening.
Official sources said Khandu will lead a delegation
comprising the three ruling Congress MPs from the border
state, Home Minister Jarbom Gamlin and APCC chief Nabam Tuki
to the PM.
They were to submit a memorandum regarding some issues
facing the state and express gratefulness to the PM on behalf
of the people of state for his announcing firm timeframes for
different important projects during his last visit to the
state on October 3 last.
This will be the first meeting between the PM and
Khandu after recent war of words between India and China on
PM`s visit to the state.
Khandu is also likely to call on Congress chief Sonia
Gandhi as counting of votes in the on-going elections to the
sixty member state assembly will be taken up on October 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi