Dorjee Khandu to be sworn in as Arunachal CM on Sunday
Itanagar: Dorjee Khandu, who steered the
Congress to a two-third majority in the Assembly Elections in
Arunchal Pradesh, staked claim to form the new government in
the state Saturday evening and would be sworn in as chief minister
Khandu, whose name was cleared as the CLP leader by party
chief Sonia Gandhi, drove to the Raj Bhavan to meet Governor J
J Singh to stake claim.
He alone would be sworn in tomorrow, Raj Bhavan sources
Earlier in the morning, all the 42 newly elected
legislators attended the CLP meeting where central observers V
Narayansami and Luizinho Faleiro were present.
Khandu`s name as the CLP leader, however, was not
announced till evening.
Asked about the delay, AICC secretary Sanjay Bapna said,
"there was no contender."
"Even I was not a contender," Khandu said.
Narayansami, who announced Khandu`s name as CLP leader
said, "In the situation, the 42 legislators adopted a
unanimous decision authorising party chief Sonia Gandhi to
decide who would be the CLP leader."
He said Gandhi appreciated the good job done by Khandu
and decided that he would be the CLP leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees