Dorjee Khandu to be sworn in as Arunachal CM on Sunday
Itanagar: Dorjee Khandu, who steered the
Congress to a two-third majority in the Assembly Elections in
Arunchal Pradesh, staked claim to form the new government in
the state Saturday evening and would be sworn in as chief minister
Khandu, whose name was cleared as the CLP leader by party
chief Sonia Gandhi, drove to the Raj Bhavan to meet Governor J
J Singh to stake claim.
He alone would be sworn in tomorrow, Raj Bhavan sources
Earlier in the morning, all the 42 newly elected
legislators attended the CLP meeting where central observers V
Narayansami and Luizinho Faleiro were present.
Khandu`s name as the CLP leader, however, was not
announced till evening.
Asked about the delay, AICC secretary Sanjay Bapna said,
"there was no contender."
"Even I was not a contender," Khandu said.
Narayansami, who announced Khandu`s name as CLP leader
said, "In the situation, the 42 legislators adopted a
unanimous decision authorising party chief Sonia Gandhi to
decide who would be the CLP leader."
He said Gandhi appreciated the good job done by Khandu
and decided that he would be the CLP leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog