Dorjee Khandu`s final rites on June 17
Itanagar: The final religious ritual of late Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu will be performed in Tawang and West Kameng Districts on June 17 next,
49 days after his death in a helicopter crash.
According to Monpa tradition, a person takes rebirth on completion of final rites after 49 days of his death.
Khandu`s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at Luguthang ten minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad, killing him and four others on board.
According to Khandu’s family sources, lamas from Tawang and West Kameng districts would perform pujas for peace of the departed soul.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin and his cabinet colleagues are expected to participate in the ritual along with people of various parts of the state.
Meanwhile, members of the Memba community of Mechuka valley in West Siang district will conduct a religious ritual the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections