Dorjee Khandu`s final rites on June 17
Itanagar: The final religious ritual of late Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu will be performed in Tawang and West Kameng Districts on June 17 next,
49 days after his death in a helicopter crash.
According to Monpa tradition, a person takes rebirth on completion of final rites after 49 days of his death.
Khandu`s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at Luguthang ten minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad, killing him and four others on board.
According to Khandu’s family sources, lamas from Tawang and West Kameng districts would perform pujas for peace of the departed soul.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin and his cabinet colleagues are expected to participate in the ritual along with people of various parts of the state.
Meanwhile, members of the Memba community of Mechuka valley in West Siang district will conduct a religious ritual the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%