Dorjee Khandu`s final rites on June 17
Itanagar: The final religious ritual of late Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu will be performed in Tawang and West Kameng Districts on June 17 next,
49 days after his death in a helicopter crash.
According to Monpa tradition, a person takes rebirth on completion of final rites after 49 days of his death.
Khandu`s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at Luguthang ten minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad, killing him and four others on board.
According to Khandu’s family sources, lamas from Tawang and West Kameng districts would perform pujas for peace of the departed soul.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin and his cabinet colleagues are expected to participate in the ritual along with people of various parts of the state.
Meanwhile, members of the Memba community of Mechuka valley in West Siang district will conduct a religious ritual the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!