Dorjee Khandu`s last rites on May 10
Itanagar: The last rites of former
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, who died in a
chopper crash, will be performed on May 10 instead of May 11
as announced earlier.
Buddhist Lamas suggested advancement of the date by a
day after going through the scriptures and performing rituals
at Tawang, Jambey Tsering, PRO to Chief Minister Jarbom
Gamlin, told agency.
He said Khandu would be cremated in accordance with
the Monpa tradition of Buddhism in his native village at
Gyangkhar near Tawang and till then the lamas will perform
prayers for eternal peace of his departed soul.
Khandu along with four others died in a helicopter
crash on April 30 and their bodies were recovered at Keyla,
near Luguthang, only on May 4 last.
The mortal remains of Khandu were brought to Itanagar
en route Tawang the next day and kept in his official bungalow
before being flown back to Tawang.
The newly-appointed chief minister, his cabinet
colleagues and all legislators wpuld attend Khandu`s funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what