Dorjee Khandu`s last rites on May 10
Itanagar: The last rites of former
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, who died in a
chopper crash, will be performed on May 10 instead of May 11
as announced earlier.
Buddhist Lamas suggested advancement of the date by a
day after going through the scriptures and performing rituals
at Tawang, Jambey Tsering, PRO to Chief Minister Jarbom
Gamlin, told agency.
He said Khandu would be cremated in accordance with
the Monpa tradition of Buddhism in his native village at
Gyangkhar near Tawang and till then the lamas will perform
prayers for eternal peace of his departed soul.
Khandu along with four others died in a helicopter
crash on April 30 and their bodies were recovered at Keyla,
near Luguthang, only on May 4 last.
The mortal remains of Khandu were brought to Itanagar
en route Tawang the next day and kept in his official bungalow
before being flown back to Tawang.
The newly-appointed chief minister, his cabinet
colleagues and all legislators wpuld attend Khandu`s funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list