Drugs seized in Mizoram, smuggler caught
Aizawl: A huge haul of drugs valued at Rs 2.4 crore were seized from a house in the city with a narcotic smuggler being arrested.
Altogether 1.2 lakh Methamphetamine tablets, a mood enhancer, were seized from the residence of 46-year-old Lalremruata of Chhinga Veng locality last evening, Superintendent of Police CID (Crime) Joseph Lalchhuana told.
Noting that this was the biggest haul of Methamphetamine tablets in the state so far, Lalchhuana said Lalremruata told interrogators that he bought the drugs from Myanmar smugglers and planned to sell each tablet for Rs 200.
Lalremruata was arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the SP said.
Drug enforcement agencies said that massive smuggling of pseudo-ephedrine was taking place with Methamphetamine tablets being manufactured in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth