Drugs seized in Mizoram, smuggler caught
Aizawl: A huge haul of drugs valued at Rs 2.4 crore were seized from a house in the city with a narcotic smuggler being arrested.
Altogether 1.2 lakh Methamphetamine tablets, a mood enhancer, were seized from the residence of 46-year-old Lalremruata of Chhinga Veng locality last evening, Superintendent of Police CID (Crime) Joseph Lalchhuana told.
Noting that this was the biggest haul of Methamphetamine tablets in the state so far, Lalchhuana said Lalremruata told interrogators that he bought the drugs from Myanmar smugglers and planned to sell each tablet for Rs 200.
Lalremruata was arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the SP said.
Drug enforcement agencies said that massive smuggling of pseudo-ephedrine was taking place with Methamphetamine tablets being manufactured in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?