Drugs seized in Mizoram, smuggler caught
Aizawl: A huge haul of drugs valued at Rs 2.4 crore were seized from a house in the city with a narcotic smuggler being arrested.
Altogether 1.2 lakh Methamphetamine tablets, a mood enhancer, were seized from the residence of 46-year-old Lalremruata of Chhinga Veng locality last evening, Superintendent of Police CID (Crime) Joseph Lalchhuana told.
Noting that this was the biggest haul of Methamphetamine tablets in the state so far, Lalchhuana said Lalremruata told interrogators that he bought the drugs from Myanmar smugglers and planned to sell each tablet for Rs 200.
Lalremruata was arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the SP said.
Drug enforcement agencies said that massive smuggling of pseudo-ephedrine was taking place with Methamphetamine tablets being manufactured in Myanmar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai