Drugs seized in Mizoram, smuggler caught
Aizawl: A huge haul of drugs valued at Rs 2.4 crore were seized from a house in the city with a narcotic smuggler being arrested.
Altogether 1.2 lakh Methamphetamine tablets, a mood enhancer, were seized from the residence of 46-year-old Lalremruata of Chhinga Veng locality last evening, Superintendent of Police CID (Crime) Joseph Lalchhuana told.
Noting that this was the biggest haul of Methamphetamine tablets in the state so far, Lalchhuana said Lalremruata told interrogators that he bought the drugs from Myanmar smugglers and planned to sell each tablet for Rs 200.
Lalremruata was arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the SP said.
Drug enforcement agencies said that massive smuggling of pseudo-ephedrine was taking place with Methamphetamine tablets being manufactured in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba