Dy CM among three ministers dropped in Meghalaya Cong list
New Delhi: The names of Deputy Chief Minister B M Lanong and two other ministers do not figure in the list of 60 candidates announced on Sunday night by the Congress for the Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The two ministers who have not been given ticket this time are J A Lyngdoh and Augustine D Marak, according to the list issued by the AICC.
The party has fielded Chief Minister Mukul Sangma from Ampati constituency while former Chief Minister D D Lapang will contest from Nongpoh seat.
The other Deputy Chief Minister Rowell Lyngdoh will contest from Mawkyrvat (ST) seat while Forest Minister R C Laloo is being fielded from Jowai (ST) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown