Dy CM among three ministers dropped in Meghalaya Cong list
New Delhi: The names of Deputy Chief Minister B M Lanong and two other ministers do not figure in the list of 60 candidates announced on Sunday night by the Congress for the Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The two ministers who have not been given ticket this time are J A Lyngdoh and Augustine D Marak, according to the list issued by the AICC.
The party has fielded Chief Minister Mukul Sangma from Ampati constituency while former Chief Minister D D Lapang will contest from Nongpoh seat.
The other Deputy Chief Minister Rowell Lyngdoh will contest from Mawkyrvat (ST) seat while Forest Minister R C Laloo is being fielded from Jowai (ST) seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India