Dy CM among three ministers dropped in Meghalaya Cong list
New Delhi: The names of Deputy Chief Minister B M Lanong and two other ministers do not figure in the list of 60 candidates announced on Sunday night by the Congress for the Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The two ministers who have not been given ticket this time are J A Lyngdoh and Augustine D Marak, according to the list issued by the AICC.
The party has fielded Chief Minister Mukul Sangma from Ampati constituency while former Chief Minister D D Lapang will contest from Nongpoh seat.
The other Deputy Chief Minister Rowell Lyngdoh will contest from Mawkyrvat (ST) seat while Forest Minister R C Laloo is being fielded from Jowai (ST) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP