Dy CM among three ministers dropped in Meghalaya Cong list
New Delhi: The names of Deputy Chief Minister B M Lanong and two other ministers do not figure in the list of 60 candidates announced on Sunday night by the Congress for the Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The two ministers who have not been given ticket this time are J A Lyngdoh and Augustine D Marak, according to the list issued by the AICC.
The party has fielded Chief Minister Mukul Sangma from Ampati constituency while former Chief Minister D D Lapang will contest from Nongpoh seat.
The other Deputy Chief Minister Rowell Lyngdoh will contest from Mawkyrvat (ST) seat while Forest Minister R C Laloo is being fielded from Jowai (ST) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof