Earthquake rocks NE states
Shillong: An earthquake of moderate intensity rocked the entire north eastern region with no injury to people and damage to property.
The earthquake having a magnitude of 5.0 on the Richter scale shook the region for more than 10 seconds at 2:55 pm with its epicentre being 35 km underneath the earth at Tezpur in Assam, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
There was no loss of life and damage to property.
The tremor was felt in Guwahati, Shillong, Itanagar, Agartala, Aizawl and Kohima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan