Earthquake rocks NE states
Shillong: An earthquake of moderate intensity rocked the entire north eastern region with no injury to people and damage to property.
The earthquake having a magnitude of 5.0 on the Richter scale shook the region for more than 10 seconds at 2:55 pm with its epicentre being 35 km underneath the earth at Tezpur in Assam, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
There was no loss of life and damage to property.
The tremor was felt in Guwahati, Shillong, Itanagar, Agartala, Aizawl and Kohima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing