EC slams Congress leader
Agartala: The Election Commission has pulled up Tripura Congress leader Birajit Sinha for accusing Chief Minister Manik Sarkar of meeting surrendered extremists, an official said Saturday.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist accused Sinha of making "concocted, unfounded and baseless allegations".
Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal told reporters: "The EC reprimanded Sinha for making unsubstantiated remarks against Sarkar. (He has been told) to desist from such acts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof