EC slams Congress leader
Agartala: The Election Commission has pulled up Tripura Congress leader Birajit Sinha for accusing Chief Minister Manik Sarkar of meeting surrendered extremists, an official said Saturday.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist accused Sinha of making "concocted, unfounded and baseless allegations".
Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal told reporters: "The EC reprimanded Sinha for making unsubstantiated remarks against Sarkar. (He has been told) to desist from such acts."
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi