EC slams Congress leader
Agartala: The Election Commission has pulled up Tripura Congress leader Birajit Sinha for accusing Chief Minister Manik Sarkar of meeting surrendered extremists, an official said Saturday.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist accused Sinha of making "concocted, unfounded and baseless allegations".
Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal told reporters: "The EC reprimanded Sinha for making unsubstantiated remarks against Sarkar. (He has been told) to desist from such acts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash