EC team assesses poll preparedness in Mizoram
Aizawl: A team of top Election Commission officials on Tuesday visited assembly poll-bound Mizoram and held consultations with various political parties and poll officials in the state.
Led by Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath and comprising Election Commissioners H S Brahma and SNA Zaidi, the team met a cross section of people to assess the poll preparedness.
While the Commission held separate meetings with political parties, it later met poll officials in the state to discuss preparations and challenges.
Mizoram goes to polls on November 25 to elect its 40- member state assembly where Congress is seeking to stage a comeback.
The poll process was set in motion in the state with the issue of a notification on November 1 and polling in the state was advanced by the EC after various political party and religious leaders requested for the same.
Counting in Mizoram was also delayed by a day with the Commission deciding to hold the same on December 9.
The EC had earlier slated Mizoram polls on December 4 and counting on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks