EC team assesses poll preparedness in Mizoram
Aizawl: A team of top Election Commission officials on Tuesday visited assembly poll-bound Mizoram and held consultations with various political parties and poll officials in the state.
Led by Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath and comprising Election Commissioners H S Brahma and SNA Zaidi, the team met a cross section of people to assess the poll preparedness.
While the Commission held separate meetings with political parties, it later met poll officials in the state to discuss preparations and challenges.
Mizoram goes to polls on November 25 to elect its 40- member state assembly where Congress is seeking to stage a comeback.
The poll process was set in motion in the state with the issue of a notification on November 1 and polling in the state was advanced by the EC after various political party and religious leaders requested for the same.
Counting in Mizoram was also delayed by a day with the Commission deciding to hold the same on December 9.
The EC had earlier slated Mizoram polls on December 4 and counting on December 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?