EC team assesses poll preparedness in Mizoram
Aizawl: A team of top Election Commission officials on Tuesday visited assembly poll-bound Mizoram and held consultations with various political parties and poll officials in the state.
Led by Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath and comprising Election Commissioners H S Brahma and SNA Zaidi, the team met a cross section of people to assess the poll preparedness.
While the Commission held separate meetings with political parties, it later met poll officials in the state to discuss preparations and challenges.
Mizoram goes to polls on November 25 to elect its 40- member state assembly where Congress is seeking to stage a comeback.
The poll process was set in motion in the state with the issue of a notification on November 1 and polling in the state was advanced by the EC after various political party and religious leaders requested for the same.
Counting in Mizoram was also delayed by a day with the Commission deciding to hold the same on December 9.
The EC had earlier slated Mizoram polls on December 4 and counting on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player