EC team assesses poll preparedness in Mizoram
Aizawl: A team of top Election Commission officials on Tuesday visited assembly poll-bound Mizoram and held consultations with various political parties and poll officials in the state.
Led by Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath and comprising Election Commissioners H S Brahma and SNA Zaidi, the team met a cross section of people to assess the poll preparedness.
While the Commission held separate meetings with political parties, it later met poll officials in the state to discuss preparations and challenges.
Mizoram goes to polls on November 25 to elect its 40- member state assembly where Congress is seeking to stage a comeback.
The poll process was set in motion in the state with the issue of a notification on November 1 and polling in the state was advanced by the EC after various political party and religious leaders requested for the same.
Counting in Mizoram was also delayed by a day with the Commission deciding to hold the same on December 9.
The EC had earlier slated Mizoram polls on December 4 and counting on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir